Happy Valentines Day, makers!
If you’re like me, maybe you are planning to cook your loved one a nice dinner. If you are in need of a side dish, this recipe will complete your meal and add a little red to your plate! I found this recipe last year when I was making my boyfriend a dinner for Valentine’s Day. Cooks.com has an Oven Baked Red Potato Recipe that is to die for! It is amazing and it is so easy to make!
The ingredients are:
-1 tablespoon of butter (melted)
-1 tablespoon of olive oil
-2 cloves of garlic (minced)
-1/4 teaspoon of pepper
-3/4 teaspoon of basil
-3/4 teaspoon of oregano
-3/4 teaspoon of salt
-4 large unpeeled red potatoes
1) Preheat the oven to 425.
2) Mix all of the ingredients except the potatoes.
3) Cut the potatoes into wedges. (Once the wedges are cut I usually cut them in half to make the pieces smaller.)
4) Add the wedges to the bowl of ingredients, put a lid on and toss the mixture.
5) Stand the potatoes on edge on a cookie sheet.
6) Sprinkle a little parmesan cheese on the potatoes and put in the oven.
7) Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
It is as simple as that! It is one of the best potato recipes I have made yet. Even if you are not making a Valentine’s dinner, it makes a great side dish for any meal you make.
If you make this, be sure to let us know what you thought about it. My question to you is,
What is your favorite side dish?